At Citizens National Bank, we value our employees and strive to create an excellent work atmosphere.
Our goal is to serve customers with personal service provided by people they know and trust. Every member of our staff is customer oriented, and we provide the highest level of service along with personal attention. Employees enjoy competitive wages along with excellent benefits.
- Competitive wages
- PTO for full-time employees
- Medical & dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Group life and long-term disability coverage
- Employer HSA contributions
- Supplemental coverage is available
- 401(k) matching program
- Wellness workplace incentives
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Round Rock
The Accountant position prepares internal and external financial statements and management reports for the bank and holding company, handles accounting, cash management and safekeeping administration for the bank’s securities investment portfolio and reconciles general ledger accounts. The position works closely with the CFO to assist in all finance and accounting activities, and regularly interfaces with executive management, branch leadership and deposit operations personnel. This position will also administer payroll and process benefit billings.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintains parent company financial records and generates consolidated financial statements.
• Generates GAAP and financial management reports for the bank including monthly closing reports and quarterly branch key performance indicators.
• Manages the securities investment portfolio including funding and documentation of all purchases/maturities/sales, safekeeping activities, monthly journal entries, reconcilement, Board reports, and recordkeeping.
• Reconciles and maintains supporting documentation for general ledger accounts with specific focus on payroll accounts, fixed assets, other assets, and other liabilities accounts.
• Works with auditors as needed to support the bank’s internal and external audit program.
• Provides back-up support for accounts payable, correspondent bank activities and funds management.
• Other duties as assigned including assistance with the annual budget, Call Report, Asset/Liability management, property taxes, bank insurance, and payroll reconciliations.
• Process time and attendance for bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll in conjunction with third party provider (ADP).
• Process monthly billings from providers; review billings for accuracy and approve for payment in a timely manner; resolve discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
• BS or BA in accounting, finance or business; CPA preferred.
• 5+ years in accounting with strong knowledge of GAAP and regulatory reporting requirements.
• Commercial banking accounting experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of investment securities accounting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong competency in Excel.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Strong attention to detail and able to process large amounts of data efficiently.
• Ability to work under stressful and time sensitive deadlines.
• Uses good judgment and make sound decisions.
• Possesses clear understanding and complies with all bank procedures, laws, and federal regulations.
• Establishes supportive working relationships with all employees to promote a team atmosphere.
• Displays effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Completes assigned tasks under limited supervision, with accuracy and thoroughness.
• Assists internal and external customers in a helpful and professional manner.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
Due to the number of candidates, we may not be able to respond to each application and resume submitted. We will contact you should your background/qualifications match our hiring needs.
If you are interested in possible future opportunities, please send your resume to [email protected]. We always accept applications — regardless of job postings.
Citizens National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.